• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag, brake light on, no clock, turn signals, windows, etc?

floyd

NAXJA Forum User
So my wife gets to work this morning and sends me an email about her 2001 Cherokee. She says she went to leave, got in the Jeep and started it and the airbag light was on, the brake light was on with a "P" and a circle around it, also an "I" with a circle around it and the clock didn’t work, nor did the turn signals or windows. She drove to work, it ran fine, got there, turned it off and thought well, she'll just turn it back on to see if the lights were still on and then everything worked fine. Anyone ever had this happen? I tried a search but nothing about these occuring at the same time.

david

Last edited:
Check the engine compartment for swamp grass and catfish. Check your battery ground connections. Otherwise, search for clock spring and/or instrument cluster connection problems.

Almost the exact same thing just happened to me tonight with my 99. Started the car and after the cluster light check finished (check engine, airbag, etc. turned on then off) the airbag light came on and my turn signals didn't work. The brake lights worked but I could hear a relay flipping every time I touched the brake pedal (normally don't hear anything). I drove a while and after turning the car off then on again everything was fine. I have no idea what happened though.

Back