• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Gauges

NoCalXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '00 XJ and I have seen many threads on Wranglers and early XJ's switching to LED gauges. Does anyone know if this can be to mine? I think they look awesome and it doesn't appear to be to expensive or difficult.

Are you talking about just changing the bulbs to LEDs?
I did my 92 when trying to replace the ac heater control light the only problem I had was a blow fuse because a short in the ac heater control. Other than that all you have to do is remove the dash and get to the gauges turn it over and put in the new bulbs.
Looks cool and much brighter, one more thing the dimmer doesn't work because of the all ready low watts of the leds

Are you talking about just changing the bulbs to LEDs?
I did my 92 when trying to replace the ac heater control light the only problem I had was a blow fuse because a short in the ac heater control. Other than that all you have to do is remove the dash and get to the gauges turn it over and put in the new bulbs.
Looks cool and much brighter, one more thing the dimmer doesn't work because of the all ready low watts of the leds

Yea I just want to change the bulbs to LED. How many bulbs do I need and which ones did you go with? also, can I can change the bulbs for the stock head unit, Gear shift and T-Case Lights?

Back