• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Match with ford 8.8

Sillyfast

NAXJA Forum User
Just finishing up the truss on my 8.8 and looking for ideas for the front. It seems like a lot of people on here go with a D44 front that run a 8.8 rear. I would like something comparable in strength. I am running 35s right now and probably don't want to go much bigger than a 36. Any other suggestions for a front is appreciated.

CIMG0047.jpg

I still run the D30 with my 8.8. 34ltb's both welded. it has held up considerably well with a lot of skinny pedal. only upgrade to the front is the 760x u-joints. the D30 is a pretty tough axle. when and if the day comes that it does blow up i'm gonna upgrade to 60's front and rear. i think there is to much work for putting a D44 in for minimal gains.

I run the JCR OTK/OTA setup on my d30 now and was planning to just swap that over. The tie rod sits even with the top of the axle tube and has been working fine for me so far. I guess it's up to you, I'm sure the flat top would be stronger than the stock knuckle but unless your running a ram it's not really necessary I don't think.

Back