• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limit chain/strap ideas

LouisianaZJ

NAXJA Member #1362
I am looking at running center limit chains f/r to keep the axles from unloading uphill/downhill but not limit flex.

I will be welding tabs to the axle tube (front) or attaching to diff cover (rear). I am having trouble determining where i can attach to the frame/particularly up front

I am looking at running center limit chains f/r to keep the axles from unloading uphill/downhill but not limit flex.

I will be welding tabs to the axle tube (front) or attaching to diff cover (rear). I am having trouble determining where i can attach to the frame/particularly up front

If you run RE HD trackbacr, get their brace and hang the strap over that. That's what I did and it has been working great for me.

But your avatar pic you have played in the hottubs. My Xj unloaded alot too. like the brace idea. just run a tube across somehow. seems you have welding caprablitys,

435Mj, that's one of the stock avatars, I've seen probably 30 different users with it.

I would not attach the limiting strap to the cover on the rear diff, those bolts aren't meant for that kind of stress IMO.

ok, critic my suspension setup. It just seems kind of unstable when off camber.

I is re 4.5+ 1.5" bb/1.5" shackle.
short arm w/ drop brackets. 1.25" wheel spacers + 3.75" bs 36" iroks.
bilstien 5100's up front, i think the gas charge may bee too much..4" uptravel & around 7-8" down

I just seems to unload way to easily side to side.
The spare is strapped to the floor(flat)
dsc8245vi.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was going to use axle straps. The ones that you use to tie down a vehicle on a trailer by wrapping them around the axle so you can attach a strap or chain to them. There cheap, come in tons of colors and lengths. I was going to weld on either a sleeve to slip a bolt through or a nut so I could bolt it on. I think I would weld on a brace under the radiator area to attach something there.

Heres a link for a pic of one.
http://www.northernautoparts.com/ProductModelDetail.cfm?ProductModelId=17539

no on the sway bar, it is trailered
Sway bars are for sisseys lol
My buddy went through 2 TJs. First one had a Currie antirock. He liked it. Got a second one after selling the first one, similar build, except used disconnects on the factory bar. We took 'em wheeling, and he had the bar disco'ed for about 5 minutes and re-connected it. This was in the granite bowl on the Rubicon. He said it really seemed unstable in off-camber situations. Sound familiar?

As much as everyone disses anti-sway bars for trail rigs, the coil/link suspensions can really benefit from a light anti-sway bar. As for sissies, look at the serious rock rigs/moon buggies. How many of them run anti-sway bars?(answer: most/all)

I have installed the Currie AntiRock and I’m amazed at how much it improved stability on the trail. I am running 7’ lift, Fox reservoirs and 35’s. I had to crank up the adjustment for compression on the shocks to tame the body roll on the street.

Back