• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I got an IMPORTANT question...

McJesse

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i got a 6.5" long arm lift on my xj and i found out that the parking brake cables are'nt long enough..... what can i do to connect it back? can i just make something for it? or do i have to buy something for it?

There should be an adjustment (threaded rod) where it goes thru the floor. I would think you should have plenty of room to make up for a 6" lift ? ?

:banghead:
There should be an adjustment (threaded rod) where it goes thru the floor. I would think you should have plenty of room to make up for a 6" lift ? ?

At ride height the e brake cables would've been pretty tight even without the springs that held them up. The cable sleeve wont even reach the little mounting tabs. It ended up being about 7 to 7.5 inches or so in the back due to the whole lift being 6 inch springs and stock shackle.

Yes, correct. We were really crunched for time on this project. I couldnt find anyone who made extended e brake lines. In order to get it to work we would have had to cut of the mounting tabs, move them back about 3 inches or so then weld a longer peice of all thread to the existing adjustment. Probably could've monkeyed with it for an hour or so with time for adjusting but its an auto...
You can try that Jesse if you have access or know anyone with access to a welder. Or come over some time and ill get it taken care of. We'll make a wheelin trip out of it... :thumbup:

your answer is you need 2 passenger side yj cables work perfect i used them on mine.. the reason is a yj use's a foot brake on the drivers side this making the passenger side cable about 8 inchs longer than a stock xj i have the part number in my jeep file let me know if you need it

Yes, correct. We were really crunched for time on this project. I couldnt find anyone who made extended e brake lines. In order to get it to work we would have had to cut of the mounting tabs, move them back about 3 inches or so then weld a longer peice of all thread to the existing adjustment. Probably could've monkeyed with it for an hour or so with time for adjusting but its an auto...
You can try that Jesse if you have access or know anyone with access to a welder. Or come over some time and ill get it taken care of. We'll make a wheelin trip out of it... :thumbup:

Yeah... i think that i'm going to just go with ruger81's idea it seems pretty simple and i can figure out how to it and learn from it haha

but yeah we definatly need to go wheeling sometime that would be great but idk when that'll be cuz you're a few hours away (4-4 1/2) hahaha but we'll work something out:thumbup:

Oh and idk if you'll have enough time but do you think you could send me one of you're stikers with your business i would really like to put it on the cherokee before dunefest to show off your product :)

it does here's a link this is where i got the idea. under 50 bucks new for both. also i didnt use the threaded rod and my ebrake works awesome
http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Suspension_Steering_Axles_and_Brakes/YJ_Ebrake_Cables.htm

I appreciate the info too. I might have to keep some of those guys on hand. :cheers:
I didnt get to the post office in time Jesse, Ill be sending your stickers out tomorrow... Dont know if they'll get to you before this weekend though. Cross your fingers. lol Your Jeep is definitely going to stand out with all those colors on there...

Ok haha well i'm not leaving for dunefest until wed. or tue. so i mean i think they'll come in prefect timing. but yeah that's what i'm shooting for haha but i still like the colors underneith there hahaha but how big are your stickers you're sending me? that would be sweet if it was pretty big cuz then i could put it right on the back window or up on the front window

Back