• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring diagram for 87XJ

XJeeper87

NAXJA Forum User
I need a wiring diagram for a 87 XJ fuse box. Or just need to know witch wires are the ones for turn signals and reverse lights. I have a broken/coroded wire on the back of the fuse box for the turn signals/reverse lights.

from memory so dont take this as gospel.

blue is parking lights

pink is turn signals/flashers 12V on the back of the fuse box. I had issues with this wire on both 87's. it provids power to the flasher for both the hazards and signals. Yellow I think is the wire that runs from the fuse block with 12V to the flasher module.
It's been a while since I pulled mine out.

green maybe for the BU lights, but I thikn that's wrong.

The B/U and turn signals both run off of 1 fuse so I want to just cut the wires and install an inline fuse. I just got a new trans in and got it liscensed and need me some turn signals. probably for the first time in awhile

Oh I see, I thought you were looking for the wires as they came out of the fuse block and to the respective flashers and such.

Are you sure that you're not getting power to the flasher? Check the grounds in the front turn signal sockets. Both of mine were bad when I bought the Jeep and the signals didn't work. Repaired te grounds and they've worked fine for years.

Anyway, the easiest thing to do is going to be just pull the fuse block, it's two screws, you can pull it and it will pull out about 6 inches. Enough to turn it around and gain acces to the fuse socket in question. If yours is anything like both o mine were you're goin to find a nasty mess behind the fuse block. I had success removing the terminals from the fuse block, cutting the wires back and replacing the terminals with spade connectors. You can stick it back into the fuse block and its good as new.

No Im sure its not bad grounds. If I put my hand behind the fuse box and play witht he wires while the turn signals are turned on they will come off and if I let go it usually goes abck to not working

sounds like loose fuse connections then. I'll look in my FSM later tonight when I get the time and get you those wire colors. I had a lot of the same problems in my fuse block.

You're going to have a good time under the dashboard for a few hours.

Back