PDA

View Full Version : not a death wobble question but a steering question

studstill
July 22nd, 2010, 10:45
Ok i got a 1991 xj. steering is shot all the tie rods are no good. im still at stock height i want to uprade now so i dont have to do it when i lift it. i was thinking of going with a 1 ton upgrade kit here is a link.http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1TNST&Category_Code=S6

What issues will i or might i get by upgrading steering before i lift it? i guess i should tell you its still a dana 30 axle.

joe_peters
July 22nd, 2010, 13:19
Call the vendor and ask if there is a minimum lift height for this to work or if there is enough adjustment in the drag link to use with a stock XJ.

in4aride
July 22nd, 2010, 13:25
able to build your own?

just replace TRE's, and sleeve the tie rod with something thicker

yetimotronic
July 22nd, 2010, 13:31
search around for the zj v8 tie rod upgrade. it is rediculously simple to do and the cost is minimal as well. i recently did this upgrade and have been very satisfied so far.

studstill
July 22nd, 2010, 17:36
search around for the zj v8 tie rod upgrade. it is rediculously simple to do and the cost is minimal as well. i recently did this upgrade and have been very satisfied so far.

will do thanks for the post

able to build your own?

just replace TRE's, and sleeve the tie rod with something thicker

i thought about making my own but not sure how it would turn out im no fabricator.

Call the vendor and ask if there is a minimum lift height for this to work or if there is enough adjustment in the drag link to use with a stock XJ.

I will give them a call or email. thanks for the post.

kdailey4315
July 23rd, 2010, 09:50
I will give them a call or email. thanks for the post.

I was looking to do the exact same thing. I contacted them a little while ago and they told me you can put this on a stock height XJ.

in4aride
July 23rd, 2010, 09:54
no need to fabricate...buy steel, get it tapped, install 3/4 heims and add bolts....done