• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

241 Rubicon with cable speedo ??

Gascan340

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to put a 241 Rubicon t-case in my 88xj. The only thing that has stopped me is the fact that I have a cable Speedo and I haven’t heard of anyone being able to get around this while retaining the stock speedometer. This company http://www.atrol.com/cablex.htm seems to have a solution. Has anyone used them for this application or does anyone have a better way? thanks

Dont see why it wouldn't work,I would be a little concerned about "for how long".I wonder if anybody makes a separate speedo that would accept the input?If all else fails use a gps/tach!

RCP is correct, the 241OR has a 23 spline input, where as the transmission from an '88 has a 21 spline output.

Pete @ JP put a Rubi 241 into his renix MJ along with a 6 speed manual out of a TJ, and used the cablex adapter with good luck. I seem to recall the unit runs a little over $300.

And yes, as was pointed out you'd have to change your transmission too.

Back