• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What year trackbars will fit an '88?

HenryKrinkle

NAXJA Forum User
I'm needing a new track bar ASAP. Found one locally from a '98. Autozone's website says they are not the same part.

Anyone know what year trackbars will fit an '88 Limited w/out vacuum axle?

Thanks in advance...

Switchover year was 90-91, seems to coincide with the RENIX to OBD-I switch... no idea what changed. 84-90 are the same part per parts catalogs and MOPAR database.

Heck, I didn't even know there WAS a switch-over in the track bar, figured they were all the same.

Yeah, that is odd. Most suspension gear was left alone. I think the tierod and other linkage changed around there too.

Now I have to decide whether to get the stock replacement now or just spring for an IRO upgrade. Then, I don't think it will work at stock height. I will be lifting about 3" in maybe a month (or two).

The IRO trackbar says it will fit 1-5". Can I make it fit on stock height (axle just off center a little) for a short time- or should I find another aftermarket trackbar?

Thanks for any help- in a tight spot...

ETA: Could I just get the IRO HD trackbar with bracket and not use the bracket until it's lifted?

Last edited:
The difference has to be in the length for stock applications--the aftermarket adjustable trac bars don't seem to be delineated by years.

Back