• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front motor skid rubs

Yoda

NAXJA Forum User
ok iv got the stock motor skid for my jeep...and well it rubs on the drag link adj. and where the tie rod and drag link meet.

i think i should also point out its not a stock steering setup its curries HD steering setup...which i like alot, but the bars are SO thick that they rub on the skid.

i know cutting out some of the metal on the skid will weaken the skid, but its just about the only way i can go.

the other idea i had was to make a "drop" for it where it bolts to the body on the jeep so the angle or the skid is pushed down and away from the steering.

has anyone else came across this proablem? if so what did you end up doing to fix it?

i know just tossing the skid away and running it w/out one is going to be the easiest way, but id like to have sumthing there that would protect my steering somewhat. its cheaper to replace the skid than t would be to pay for a towing fee to get my jeep with a bent tie rod home.

ill try to get some pics up with it on the jeep so you can get a better idea of the proablem.

Back