• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper Switch

georgesxj

NAXJA Forum User
So I had somebody bust open my steering column trying to steal my jeep and they broke my wiper switch in the process. The turn signal still works and this is a beater jeep so I am trying to just bypass the switch on the column and use a simple on-off switch that I had already installed in my dash. My problem is that the wiring diagram I have looks nothing like the harness under the dash. I've unplugged the harness from the intermediate module and need help with what to do next. Do I have to put the high, low, and other wires all together and run them and the power wire to my on-off switch? I know the fuse box has a circuit breaker, is there also a relay for the wipers under the hood? This is a 1992 with tilt and intermediate wiper option.

It is a GM steering column with GM parts. Very obtainable replacements.
There is an FSM that describes the pin out for the intermediate module. I am at work and don't have one readily availalbe to help. perhaps some one will.

BTW: you can plug the two connectors together that go into the intermediate module and you should have both hi and low without the wiper delay capability.

So I had somebody bust open my steering column trying to steal my jeep and they broke my wiper switch in the process. The turn signal still works and this is a beater jeep so I am trying to just bypass the switch on the column and use a simple on-off switch that I had already installed in my dash. My problem is that the wiring diagram I have looks nothing like the harness under the dash. I've unplugged the harness from the intermittent module and need help with what to do next. Do I have to put the high, low, and other wires all together and run them and the power wire to my on-off switch? I know the fuse box has a circuit breaker, is there also a relay for the wipers under the hood? This is a 1992 with tilt and intermittent wiper option.

Fixed.

Back