• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker panel replacement - how much difference between years?

wolverine 00 xj

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace my rocker panels, and I found this rocker panel replacement. They're $25, I've heard good reports on their stuff, and it's within 45 min drive or so, so I could save the shipping. Problem is it lists it as being for '86 to '95, and I've got a 2000. Does anyone know how much difference there was in the rockers over the years? Would this likely fit a 2000? I can't believe there was much change between '84 and '86, yet this is listed as only fitting '86 onward. Leads me to believe that the dates might not be right. I did search on this, and couldn't find an answer.
Thanks.

http://c2cfabrication.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=7&products_id=309

Have you tried contacting them? I would imagine they would give you some measurements that would give you a good idea of how close of a fit it will be. I just emailed them about a couple of parts myself, looks like some pretty good prices.

I've seen different companies claim all sorts of wonky year ranges, half the time they're wrong. Definitely contact them directly and see if they can explain why it won't fit later models.

The only reason I can think of that those won't fit a 96 and later (when most body stuff changed over from 96 to 97, a 95 to 96 split is strange body wise) is the seat mounting brackets, and I can't recall for sure if that was a 94 to 95 change or a 95 to 96 change.

Back