• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Fuse panel layout

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
Well google is kicking my ass today. I am not finding what i am looking for.

I need to find out why my gauge lights aren't working. Everything else works but the lights for all gauges. the blinkers work and all the lights on the left side work But no speedo at night?
And i have checked the fuses but some are missing. Anyone tell me what slot in the fuse block it could be?
Oh ya 96 SE 4.0 aw4

i have the same exact problem, i just bought a 96 xj sport off of my friend, and no gauge lights work at all, but just like you the blinker lights and lights to the left work and everything, i just looked at the manual and have no clue what fuse block it is or anything, its quite aggravating.

Tagging this post.

I have yet to find a real fuse diagram for the PDC on a 1996 XJ. They are different than 1995 XJs and different ahn 1997 XJs and my owners manual and FSM are both incorrect.

As for the fuse block in the interior I believe it's marked, the PDC is not marked.

Is there a relay under the dash that controls it? I hear clicking from one of the relays under there. I had searched and searched. Asked someone with the 96 FSM Still haven't heard from him.
I am looking at the interior fuse panel and it just has numbers and says if its battery or ignition. Could it also be the switch in the dash possibly? since nothing else is controlled by the switch? Mine turns a lot farther then my old 96 did.

i looked in the manual and all i could find was a number for the dash lights in general, and that was the number 19 slot whit needs a 5 amp fuse, but still am weary about what to do, i looked in the number 19 slot and there is no fuse, could this be my answer?

awesome! now ive just gotta go get my hands on a 5 amp fuse and see what happens, let me know if it solves the problem! thanks alot!

my problem is more than a fuse, its wiring, i looked at the interior lighting schematics and there is a orange/black wire that runs from that fuse to the instrument panel, and also to the radio illumination, there is an aftermarket radio so the orange/black wire that uruns to the radio is now capped off, but still it makes the fuse blow. hmmmm. im quite puzzled.

Back