• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission actiing up

CromeY90

NAXJA Forum User
so i got a 90 xj 4.0 aw4, np242 and every once in a while usually when its a lilttle colder the tranny wont shift and it'll barely give power to the wheels but once the engine warms up no problems works great and the dipstick says i have full fluid but could it still be either too low or to much tranny fluid if not what else should i try

Two possibilities, first is that the pump is going out, second is that the fluid is way past needing flushed.

Assuming you are using DEX III, right? Do you know when the trans was last flushed?

yes i am using dex 3 and i have no idea when it was last flushed i just got the jeep from a gy for free becuase motor was shot so i just got my new motor in and am working out the bugs also one of the hoese to the tranny cooler was leaking so i changed it maybe ran with out fluid befor i got it?

Back