• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

do i still need this?

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
The 87' purge tank. I did an engine swap to a 97 block, and got rid of some other stuff that wasnt needed. Ever since I did the swap the purge tank has been makin noises every so often. Its not the cute little evap seleniod on the firewall in the newer models, but rather the gianormous black tank contraption up by the coolant resevior with 3 hoses going to it.
Thanks,
Jmeti000

Yes, you need it. You probably have something connected up a bit wrong if it's making noises though.

are you talking about the charcoal canister for the gas tank venting? if its hissing you have a leak.

Agree. The EGR and EVAP purge are a combo solenoid on the Renix XJs, located on the driver's side fenderwell. The canister is located on the firewall, passenger's side.

OK thanks, but i dont have an egr anymore...the 97 block and intake I put in it didnt have a spot for it. Sooo will the canister still work right without the egr valve?

You will need to bastard up an EVAP system, probably source a solenoid and canister from a 97.

Back