• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix issues

About the blower ground? Ill probably do that cause my blower seems to eat a lot of amps

A bad ground can't cause the motor to pull more amps, only less.

Ok I finally have everything back together, I changed all the radiator hoses, coolant, got rid of all the AC lines and junk other than the compressor which I will eventually use for OBA. Other than that I went and re did sensor ground at the dip stick, installed a new negative battery cable going to the block instead of the AC bracket below the battery, and rebuilt the NSS. It runs now, I drove it for about 5 minutes then let it sit and idle for a few minutes then went on a 15 minute drive. I still have no reverse lights ( which is why I tore the NSS apart thinking I may have some issues there) and it has a lot of torque on the low end but pretty sluggish at speed, guessing I need to re adjust TPS. I also now have power to the o2 sensor where as I didn't before.

Ok I finally have everything back together, I changed all the radiator hoses, coolant, got rid of all the AC lines and junk other than the compressor which I will eventually use for OBA. Other than that I went and re did sensor ground at the dip stick, installed a new negative battery cable going to the block instead of the AC bracket below the battery, and rebuilt the NSS. It runs now, I drove it for about 5 minutes then let it sit and idle for a few minutes then went on a 15 minute drive. I still have no reverse lights ( which is why I tore the NSS apart thinking I may have some issues there) and it has a lot of torque on the low end but pretty sluggish at speed, guessing I need to re adjust TPS. I also now have power to the o2 sensor where as I didn't before.

Have you done Tip 5?

I just did the dipstick grounds for a second time, I did all of your ground upgrades last winter. Before changing out the negative battery cable this go around I was getting .02 resistance between all the ground locations and my negative battery terminal. I have not compared since changing the cable out. I will check that and also check the TPS again as I suspect that is where my current issue lies.

Back