• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idea to carry fuel cans

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
Thoughts? I will have to look closer but been tossing this up in my head... might not work, but i sort of like the idea even though i would have to take the cans off to open the hatch.

XJideaforJerryGasCans.jpg

Its fiberglass gate. I figure i would have to put a plate for backing on it...

Thats an idea :).

Custom rear tire carrier/jerry can rack.

Hey eazy, that is pretty trick how you have that can back there. I wouldnt mind doing something like that.

Yep, even if you run a stock tire carrier you have to move the plate..

I had 2 parts jeeps here with them and both moved there plates..

I used a flat piece of alluminum that mounts to the stock location and goes to the drivers side. Ill have to snap a pic.

I had also thought about welding a wrangler type bumperettes (however u spell them.. round loop bumpers they got type thing) to my bumper. When i need fuel can strap it and go..might be better than doing it to the hatch that way.. but i thought putting it on the hatch would keep it higher in the back.. either way have to take can off to open rear. I might check into that tire carrier thing and modify it to just hold cans maybe modify it to hold them like Ford guy has them. I just figure that i do not have a welder (although i need to learn and get one ) that i could just use jerry can holders thru bolted into the rear hatch against a backing plate of some sort to distribute the weight somehow when carrying the fuel cans (like on a mojave trip and such).

Back