• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbox Mod option

Useful mod if you have a Taco :)

The reason it wouldn't work on our airboxes is that they are ribbed. There isn't any flat area to install a deck plate on our boxes.

The deckplate mod was very popular with the Tacoma crowd 5 years ago. I think you'll find that it has fallen out of favor by most. I am not a tacophile but it sounds like some have found that it actually hindered performance.

doesnt help one bit. only gonna stuff so much air through that square little hole on that yota box. if u find a supra maf then it might help but on my yota it didnt help one bit. just a little louder intake note when i opened the hood. not much u can do with that ribbed tube but shove a dirt sucking cone filter on the end and wonder how much dirt is getting into ur mall crawler.

back in the day we use to turn the air filter cover upside down, sounded cool, but no performance value:passgas:

back in the day we use to turn the air filter cover upside down, sounded cool, but no performance value:passgas:
haha reminds me of highschool we drilled my buddies civic airbox full of holes.. sounded cool but it was still a pos hahah good times

Back