• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent axle

HeepSpeed

NAXJA Forum User
So the Mojave Road claimed my front axle:explosion. It bent on the driver's side tube...pretty noticeable when the tire is angled in at the top! What else? The driver's side leaf spring spread apart, but I'm told a little finessing with a hammer will fix that...

Anybody want to Karma a D30 high pinion? LOL JK, but if anyone has a line on one up near me, that would be sweet - just thought I'd put the ask out! :patriot:

It was actually honestly an accident...but I found out the hard way that Jeeps don't fly.

sure its not a bent inner C or ball joint? Or is it clearly noticable that the tubes are bent?

We were convoying to the next camp on the Road and I was in the dust, hit a LARGE whoop going a decent speed fully loaded. 4 tires in the air, came down hard and broke the bumpstops, slid sideways (I think this is where the leaf spread), went over the next whoop and took the next one after that pretty much head on with my bumper/axle.

A nice abrubpt halt. I got all my gear up front and my securely tied down cooler/fridge tipped over from the impact.

I've got a 98 h.p. housing with 3.55 open diff in it i'll be parting with once i get my new dana 30 squared away. Just need to fix the seals on my new 30 and put some miles on it to see how she does before I'm comfortable parting with my spare. It's yours if you can get it up there. Has no shafts or hubs on it...

that sucks! something similar happend to me at truck haven. I was riding solo though. take some pics. I wanna see the carnage.

i always hated following in a dust clowd in my ranger prerunner even though it just ate the whoops up being full long travel. still felt wierd suddenly discovering ur hitting some bumps even if it was smooth. gl gettin an axle hope its an inexpensive fix for ya

CTMs are top dog, but i dont think you want to spend a couple hundred bucks on ujoints :D

spicers are probably the best bang for the buck, and can be had at most auto parts stores.

Back