• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to find a metal fabricator in IE

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I bought some JCR rear quarter guards from djblade that needed some modifying to fit my rig. I made all the cuts to the 3/16th plate but bending it is becoming VERY difficult. I heated it up with a torch until it was red hot and put all my weight on it and still couldn't get it to bend. I even took a few wacks at it with my 8lb sledge and nothing. I need to put about 10 degrees more bend in the top section. I don't know the name of the machine, but I need to find a shop that can bend sheet metal. I already made a template to go by. Any advice or shop info would be appreciated.

you need a metal break.. try patton steel in berdo they have a break or maybe cal-mesa steel here in yucaipa on dunlop

Thanks guys. I will look into those options. I really want to get this done ASAP. I already cut up my bushwackers to make room for these and have my interior ripped apart to be able to get down into the rear quarters from the inside. I can't stand it when my Jeep looks like crap on the outside AND inside.

I called Patton and they want $30 to make the two bends. That seems a little steep. I also called Cal-mesa and they want $25 to bend the metal. That's closer and cheaper but still doesn't seem like a sweet deal. I will try Rettig after work to see if they are any better.

yeah its a rip off either way you look at it... but they know it and dont care.. its a tool that not everybody has access too.. so you get it in the arse

I just got off the phone with Paul over at Rettig Machine in Redlands and they are charging me $10. That's what I'm talking about! That's what I thought it should cost. I will be having the metal bent tomorrow. I will do the priming and painting on Friday and hopefully get them installed early Saturday before the run and fishing. If not, then I might even bring them with me and have some guys help me install them after lunch down at the camp ground in 7 Oaks. Should only take a few minutes.

am i still bringing my grill???

We can grill at the camping area or we can take Justin's advice and eat at the restaurant in the camp ground. I am fine with either. Let me call them up and make sure the restaurant is open this time of year.

I just got off the phone with the 7 Oaks resort. There camping area is completely full so no day passes will be given out this weekend. We can still fish the creek in the area but we will have to park on the road and not in one of the camp spots. The restaraunt is open, so we should take Justin's advice and eat there. It's also a lot less hassle. We dont have to deal with a grill and bringing up food.

Just got back from Rettig Machine in Redlands. That place is awesome. Biggest machine/metal shop I have ever seen. They were really friendly and fast. I was in and out in 10 minutes. The guy who actually did the bending let me work the machine with him. The metal break was as big as a school bus and the entire floor actually articulated up to make the bend. I felt like a kid going to Disneyland for the first time. There was cool stuff everywhere.

Back