• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 60 t&t front truss

offroadman83

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have one? Was wondering if I could modify it enough to fit a balljoint 60 say 95 year model. Anyone??

People have trimmed the leaf spring mount and inside of the truss to make them fit on the late 80's/early 90's KP 60's. No reason why you couldnt do the same with the BJ ones (pre-superduty) that still had some tube showing, the center section and tubes are the same just different inner c's.

That being said, I wouldnt buy T&T's setup. Theres a couple of people that have developed cracks and broken welds on them. If youre gunna go through the effort of trussing, its alot easier and cheaper to just use a piece of something like 2x6 or 3x6 rect tubing. Simply cut it to fit and add your own brackets. If youre gunna be tossing a 60 under a XJ, I highly doubt that you are or would wanna keep a stock suspension setup/brackets anyways.

I have $30 in materials and a couple of hours with a grinder into mine, a plasma woulda made this a super quick job.

nxqhrp.jpg

I was just looking at your axle buildup lol......too funny. Yeah I guess I am just lazy and I like the t&t truss I have on my hp44 right now. I know ballistic fabrication said they are working on a truss too so I guess I will see what they come up with. I am in no extreme hurry.......haven't really broke the 44 yet hehe

yeah but they are specifically gonna make one for the cherokee buckets and all like their 30 one they just came out with.

Yeah nice stuff not sure it will work for a balljoint axle though

not sure where youve seen any of the TNT truss's failing. Ive seen quite a few of them being ran, including myself and i have complete faith in it holding up.

anyways, its gonna be a real PITA to make it work a BJ 60, as much fab work as youd probably have to do to make it right, it would be nearly as easy to just start from scratch

i dont see the point of running a truss on a 60 or even cutting the leaf mount there plenty of room to mount a lower link mount and coil bucket on the drivers side, as far as upper links just run one on the pass side

i dont see the point of running a truss on a 60 or even cutting the leaf mount there plenty of room to mount a lower link mount and coil bucket on the drivers side, as far as upper links just run one on the pass side

You haven't seen a balljoint 60 have you. There is no room without cutting the pumpkin some. Also I want a truss to simplify things for my lazy butt lol. Also a truss properly built in case I ever want to beat the living snot out of the jeep like I like to do hahaha

Back