• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding new LCA mounts. HELP!

jwebb85

NAXJA Forum User
Well my passenger side LCA mount was bent and beyond repair*(cracked welds). I bought some 1/4" brackets for it. After cutting the old one off and looking at the alignment of the new one it wants to go more towards the center of the axle. I bolted the bracket into the LCA and swung it up and it wants to be 1/4" or better inward. When the lift was put on I know the arms are all kinda tight every other way. This is probably due to the unibody and 100k on the clock. Should I just take it out of the LCA weld it right were it was and force the arm over once it's welded? It's on the ground right, maybe let the front axle hang and then there will be more play in it? I just like the idea of bolting the bracket to the LCA then tacking it into place so the angles are correct but that won't work the way it is.

The axle is pretty close to center, if anything a little left. I have an adjustable track bar. Both will be replaced, just wanted to do one at a time. Thought it would help with keeping the axle squared away, lol. If someone has a measurement from inside to inside of the LCA mounts I could go off of the the other side. There are still the marks from the old one that I made so that should be sufficient.

take arm out of the mount, weld new mount in stock location, put arm in mount. the arm is pushing the mount over because the axle isnt centered or the bushing at the frame end is twisting the arm a bit.

Back