• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Manual Shifter Boot Bezel/Retainer Ring P/N

live24wheel

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have the p/n for that plastic ring that goes inside the outer shifter boot. I have been back and forth with the dealer all morning and they can't find it on their diagrams. Thanks.

Year/transmission?

Profile says 2000, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and hope that's still accurate.

It appears that you can only get some of the parts individually. If you're looking for the bit that goes over the locking ring which goes over the coil spring and shifter lever arm, it's part number 8350 0520 (BOOT, gearshift.) If it's the plastic bushing that goes on the business end of the shifter lever arm, you want 8350 0519 (BUSHING, shift lever.) Otherwise, you have to get everything as a kit as far as I can tell, which is 4874 289 (LEVER, gearshift.)

Dohh sorry. Yeah its a 2000, I swapped in a AX15. What i mean is the main shifter boot that attaches to the console. The cosmetic one. There is a plastic ring that goes inside it that snaps down to the center console.

OH I see what you're talking about.

It doesn't seem to be in the console section (the automatic one is, though.) It's not in the gearshift control section under the manual transmission either. The boot itself is apparently either 5210 4079AC or 5210 4170 though, both are listed as BOOT, Gear Shift Lever and there is no other difference which makes me think that someone screwed up creating the catalog. I think it's one of those, but I'm not sure which. Unfortunately I can't find a picture anywhere.

Go to www.jeepsareus.com

In the Cherokee parts section they have the manual shift bezel for about $14 and the manual shift boot for about $20. According to the site, this fits both the Cherokee and Wrangler

Back