• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!!! Mastercraft Seat Brackets!!!

01-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello there,

I just got my mastercraft bajas in today and now I can't fully install them. I can't figure out how the brackets are supposed to work. Now I'm stuck with no driver's seat and I have to go to work for a bit. I've got a milk crate though. Please help me figure out how the brackets are supposed to mount to the tracks and seat.

Thank you,
~Jeremy

Here is what MAstercraft told me over the phone:

You mount the adapters to the sliders that sit on top of the stock mount. Then bolt the seat to the adapters.

So with the seat off, the sliders will b on top. Mount the adapter to the slider and then the seat on top of that.

You can contact them at 1-800 565-4042

I think I did that in my trial and error phase.

I got an error, I think...
This is what I did earlier today:
Ok, so I have the sliders in the jeep with the seat off. I place the mounting adapters on them parallel to each other, but perpendicular to the sliders. I can bolt the side closest to center console no problem, but then on the side closest to the door the bolts, or studs, don't stick up very far passed the top and thus cannot be bolted. There is this thick washer welded to the underside of the mounting plate, AND the same size thick washer is attached to the slider itself. Should these both be there? Is that my problem?

01-XJ said:
I think I did that in my trial and error phase.

I got an error, I think...
This is what I did earlier today:
Ok, so I have the sliders in the jeep with the seat off. I place the mounting adapters on them parallel to each other, but perpendicular to the sliders. I can bolt the side closest to center console no problem, but then on the side closest to the door the bolts, or studs, don't stick up very far passed the top and thus cannot be bolted. There is this thick washer welded to the underside of the mounting plate, AND the same size thick washer is attached to the slider itself. Should these both be there? Is that my problem?

You need to pop off the thick washer on your sliders. It took me a while to figure this out as well. Break out the angle grinder and cut up to the bolt and then it should pop off with a flathead screwdriver. Good luck, they're awesome seats.

I hope to god he finished this install more than a month and a half ago..

Back