• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackles

mudxj92

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys ive tried searching but havent gotten the answer im looking for. ive got the rubicon 5.5 LA kit with 3/4 spacers up front. im putting on my rigidco rear bumper with swing away on this upcomming weekend and was looking for some good greasable 2in shackles to order up to componsate for the added weight..anybody know of any? i heard teraflex makes them but cant find em..thanks

i also have a 5.5, but its the short arm, but seem as thought i dont get much flex from the back, will boomerang shackles help?

i also have a 5.5, but its the short arm, but seem as thought i dont get much flex from the back, will boomerang shackles help?
Shape doesnt matter unless your actually having clearance issues.That being said,a longer shackle will help with flex.

the problem is i dont wanna do blocks at alll or have to buy a set of 5.5 leafs. the shackles that came from rubicon with the kit are 1.25" not sure if the teraflexs bein 1.5" are gunna make much of a difference. random question but does anybody know what size tera shackle ericsxj is running? if its the 1.5 maybe ill go that route cause he has the exact setup as i do with fenders trimmed and 35s

What is your shackle angle right now? Is it vertical?

You want to get your shackle angle in the 30-50 degree range for best flex and ride quality. Check out hd shackle relocation brackets to fix your shackle angle plus gain some lift.

i acually have a set of those jks shackles in my garage lol but theyre only 1in. i acually forgot about the hd shackle boxes i might check out those again and order up a set! everyone seems to have good luck with them

i acually have a set of those jks shackles in my garage lol but theyre only 1in. i acually forgot about the hd shackle boxes i might check out those again and order up a set! everyone seems to have good luck with them

I have a set of almost new adjustable shackles if you want to trade for your 1" shackles. They are adjustable from 1.5" and 2". They came in my long arm kit and I ran em for about a month until I swapped out the AAL and went with full packs. I need 1" lift to level it out so i wouldn't mind trading ya. PM if interested.

PIC-0106.jpg

Back