• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTT/WTB: Shackles

OCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I got a pair of 5" shackles that equal a little over 1" of lift height. They came with my Rubicon Express 4.5" superflex kit and the rear is too tall for me. im looking to buy or to trade my current shackles for some shorter ones to bring the rear down a bit. if anyone has any plz let me know. they are the greasable ones.

was it a kit with full leaf packs? if so throw some weight in the back (around 100-150lbs should do nicely) and leave it back there while you drive around for a week or two. it should settle down a bit after the springs are broken in.

most springs are built to take the weight of after market bumpers and things like that, so they don't have people complaining that they put the kit on and didn't get the full amount of lift out of them.

my advice if you still want to get shorter shackles would be to not trade your current ones, keep them in case the springs settle later and you want to swap them back in to get some of that height back.

just my 2¢ :wave1:

I wish they would sag out, yes they are the full leaf packs but theyre as low as theyre going to go. i bought the kit used, and have put plenty of weight on it and miles.

I have these that I would be willing to let go for cheap. I am not sure exactly how much lift they would provide though, but they are definitely shorter than 5" lift shackles.

Shoot me an offer if you are interested.

10353131_836664695885_6235072599129879442_n.jpg

those are about 5" eye to eye, he doesn't have 5" lift shackles, he's saying his are 5" tall. im assuming that's an eye to eye measurement so they would be the same size as what you've got there.

MJ shackle is probably what you want.

Back