• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You guys want snow?

Looks like you guys had a fun trip and lots of snow as well.

Sorry to hear about the carnage, Nick.

From the first pic, I thought the damage would be a lot worse. Snow must have cushioned the landing a little bit.

Looks like you guys had a fun trip and lots of snow as well.

Sorry to hear about the carnage, Nick.

From the first pic, I thought the damage would be a lot worse. Snow must have cushioned the landing a little bit.

It actually didn't hit very hard. The ass end just got loose and there was no getting it back in time. I tried to turn in to the down hill but I think that thought happened too late. The roll itself was pretty gentle. I radioed that we were upside down and okay. Then had to get out of the damn seat belt. My buddy and I crawled out unharmed minus a small cut from crawling in broken glass.

At the end of the day we were both safe and I drove the jeep to the trailer so it could have been alot worse. I'm not even sore.

Awesome! Vids Awesome snow Looks fun I want to go get one more snow run in hope to find some next weekend ! Some very nice rigs as well! Can't Wait to get my V8 swap done. Thanks for the nice pics and vids! loving that YJ, thats an awesome ride!! bummer on the roll glad to here no people were hurt.

Too many XJ's leaving the road lately. :(

Looks like an awesome snow run! :)

Maybe I should have waited to get the seats from Nick ! Are some better ones going to be available soon ?
Good to hear your OK ..The xj`s repairable or replaceable ...

Might be too soon, but have you thought about what your going to do Nick? Swap bodies, repair it, find a different rig, add tube?

Wheels are turning, stay tuned. It might be sooner than later. If anyone needs things, keep your eyes peeled in the for sale section here and pnw. :shhh:

Those recovery videos look pretty good. One thing you should try to do when trying a right a rolled vehicle to mount the rope as low on the far side as possible. So instead of mounting to an axle you should try to get to a roll cage on the roof (if possible). The point of this is to keep the vehicle from sliding as you are pulling it towards you, and instead cause it to roll back over.

If that didn't make sense I can clarify.

-Alex

Those recovery videos look pretty good. One thing you should try to do when trying a right a rolled vehicle to mount the rope as low on the far side as possible. So instead of mounting to an axle you should try to get to a roll cage on the roof (if possible). The point of this is to keep the vehicle from sliding as you are pulling it towards you, and instead cause it to roll back over.

If that didn't make sense I can clarify.

-Alex

That's all fine and dandy. We put it on the best available and lowest spot possible. You know I didn't have a cage, jackass. :twak:

Back