• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement seats

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
Guys I searched but maybe i didnt use the right words. I am looking at buying aftermarket seats for my 2000 classic. Any suggestions? I really dont want to spend a bunch of money but I want something of quality... so i will spend if necessary. Everywhere i have priced around here wants 1200 or more to reupholster my seats (which includes the back but still expensive in my eyes). Anyone have any seat suggestions?

Thanks you for your time,
Smiley

WJ seats..

yeah definitely pull some seats from a wrecked jeep. Not worth reupholstering, unless that $1200 is for leather.....

iirc all jeep shared the same mounting pattern or whatever you call it between '95 and '01.

WJ continue to '04 and Tj's to '06.

not as easy as you may think. make sure you find something that will directly, I am in the process of installing some beard ultra t1's and they are awesome seats, butit is a total pain to get them installed. the trans tunnel sticks out farther on the drivers side and, well, if I had to do it over I would had got something that is designed for an xj.

WJ seats FTW. I just put a set in the front of my '98 this evening. Couldn't be easier. All you need is 13mm and 11/16 sockets. Pull your seats and remove the mounting brackets. Remove the mounting brackets from the WJ seats. Bolt the XJ brackets onto the WJ seats and reinstall. They sit a little bit higher and are a lot more comfortable.

All the writeups I have seen say the rear is more complex. Have not attempted to install those yet so can't directly comment.

does anyone have any recommendations in terms of aftermarket seats?

http://www.carparts.com/autoparts/P.../N-111+600022247+720000310+4199999825/c-10618

Thats specifically the seat that I was looking at (usually they are 170 a piece but found this at carparts).

Anyone every have these seats? what do you think about them?

I got something very similar from JC whitney, all black. Not sure if they are exactly the same. I paid $170 for a pair. (buy one get one free)

They are comfy
Seem sturdy
do NOT have a lever to lean forward or back so I doubt they'd work for a 2door. You have to crank on a knob to get the back to lean forward and back.
Mounting was difficult. I had to build my own frame to mount them on. Basically I used 1/8" thick angle iron and welded a "Cube" then drilled bolt holes in it top and bottom. Ran bolts through the floor and put 2 more pieces of angle iron under the floor that ran to the cross members.

I think one important thing to remember when you are installing seats is that the seats don't protect you in a crash. The seatbelt does. So don't go overboard like some people do.

ive been looking at seats, as im currently working on a cage for my dd....

ive seen a lot of seats i like... but momo t-clubs stick out... theyve fia ready, but more importantly look good, and are rather cheap (not compared to the cheapy's, but as you sit in seats, all the time, why would you want seats that cost $100 each? they cannot last!)

Dont even bother with cheap seats, my next seats at the minimum will be Corbeau Baja SS's.

I put some VW Passat seats in my 97. I'd consider them high quality and very comfy. It's amazing how much better they hold my fat butt while wheeling. They're leather and heated with adjustable lumbar and height. It took a ridiculous amount of fabrication to get the adjustable height to work but i'm very happy with them.

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1383-1.jpg

IMG_1381-1.jpg

The seats in my XJ are getting kind of worn also. Will seats out of a late 90s to mid 2000s Grand Cherokee work?

Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback on aftermarket seats? I have 4 junk yards around me and I just can never find a seat in even moderate condition around here. Right now I am looking at
http://www.carparts.com/autoparts/Pr...999825/c-10618

http://www.carparts.com/CARPARTS-SP...TS/GP_2018437_N_111+10718+600022265_10618.car

http://www.carparts.com/autoparts/P.../p-2018455/N-111+600022265+4199999735/c-10618

(to be honest I cant find out whats different between those last two)

I have also heard that its almost a crapshoot when it comes to buying seats like that. Some guy even showed me a pic of corbeau seats that bent in half on him when he was getting in. I realize that all you jeep guys fab up brackets and put in nice VW seats a stuff like that but I dont have access to nice equipment. So again does anyone have any experience with aftermarket seats.

Thanks in advance. Also thanks for those of you who have replied so far.

You gotta love a car that the first thing you have to worry about replacing is the Seats... i love my jeep

Cheap aftermarket seats are VERY low quality and not comfortable at all. I got a set to use in my honda crx, and was so disappointed in them that I didnt use them. I would recommend something oem or some high quality aftermarket seats, but they can be VERY pricey.

Back