• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with steering wheel

Krieger

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched all over and I am almost positive I am doing it correctly but I can't get the wheel off and i've already bust two bolts that hold the pulled in place..so either they are super weak bolts or I'm doing something noobish and it's not working

any suggestions? Here is a pic of it

photo.jpg

The puller is a typical two prong piece with a big center bolt. The two attachment bolts go into the bigger holes at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the center part of the wheel. Screw them in so the threads stick out the backside a little ways then start cranking down on the center bolt and it will pull it off.

The puller is a typical two prong piece with a big center bolt. The two attachment bolts go into the bigger holes at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the center part of the wheel. Screw them in so the threads stick out the backside a little ways then start cranking down on the center bolt and it will pull it off.

And make sure you have the correct bolts--some are metric and some are SAE, if you put the wrong one in you may bugger the threads.

Looks kind of rusty...

Try WD-40 or PB Blaster, let it soak, install puller.

Tighten the puller down by hand then give it 1/2 to full turn with a wrench so it's somewhat tight. Then rap on the tension bolt (the center bolt on the puller) a couple times with a hammer (preferably brass).

If that doesn't work, as a last resort, try a propane torch..... Just make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand.... It will probably start a fire.....

After I removed the nut, I just pulled on mine a few times and it came right off.

Back