• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re Gearing

AdidasCJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok here is that i have going on. I have stock D30 and XJ D44 rear... Both with the 3.55's. I have a complete set of 4.10 gears for the front D30 (Carrier, Ring and pinion gear). I have the Ring and Pinion 4.10's, with no carrier.

Now my question is, With the LSD that is in the current D44 work with a new Carrier?

Also i know i need the new Carrier for the 4.10. I found this...

http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/cata...70687?osCsid=a990565636cf2edcb8ad91f41f0cd925

Now when it says empty, does that mean it doesnt have the Ring and pinion, but has the gears inside the carrier? Or is this just the carrier without Ring and Pinion and without the gears inside....

If you buy a LSD carrier then the internals would swap out.And empty carrier is just that(no internal/external parts)!

Completely off topic and such...I hate you for your stock Dana 44.

That is all.

(I know I am worthless and have contributed nothing to this thread, sry!)

Completely off topic and such...I hate you for your stock Dana 44.

That is all.

(I know I am worthless and have contributed nothing to this thread, sry!)

Haha im assuming that the d44's are hard to come by in TX? here in oregon theirs a guy with three of them for sale.

I suppose if you find a lsd carrier for 3.73+up that the clutches would swap over. Better to just install new stuff and be done.

Back