• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockrite wont come out...

recycledxj

NAXJA Forum User
So about 4 years ago I installed a lockrite in a factory 4.10 geared dana 35 that was non c clip. The lockrite was for a c clip axle but no big deal as I remember it was a very easy job. Then I had a leak and ran out of gear oil and locked the rear end up solid, broke everything free installed new gears and bearings. Now 4 years later I'm getting rid of the axle and I am taking the lockrite out of the carrier and it refuses to be removed. I have the carrier out, the center pin out and the small springs and pins out but it doesn't want to go.

It is possible the carrier expanded from the excess heat when I ran out of gear oil. When I rebuilded the rear I didn't have to remove the locker at all. I don't know.

Gear oil can cause quite a bit of suction. Ive had locker parts stuck before, and sprayed them down with brake parts cleaner and they came right apart

other then that, try to put something into the side of the carrier, where the axle shaft goes in, and see if you cant give it a wack or 2

try what wish said above. put a dowel or something into the hole in the carrier that the axle shaft comes through and give the lockrite a couple whacks.

Back