• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper mounts?

stroked88

NAXJA Forum User
ive searched and cant seem to find any good pics of how people are mounting their bumpers. im planning on building one soon, and am curious as to whether or not i should just use the stock 3 bolts holes, or go ahead do more like i see on aftermarkets. if any one is currently installing one could you post a pic for me? any help or advice is welcome. thanks

Depends on your intended use. If it's just for looks and you don't anticipate it seeing any serious trail time, go ahead and use the 3 stock bolt holes. If you plan on using it for winching, tow points, or possibly running it into a rock or two, definitely tie it in further back on the uniframe rail. Some of the aftermarket bumper manufacturers actually sell the tie in plates pre made so you don't have to worry about figuring out all the measurements yourself. You simply build your bumper off their brackets and bolt it on.

Use more than 3 bolt holes.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I have drafted plans for the DIY frame brackets just like the jcr ones. PM me your email address and I can send them your way.

Heres a couple pics of my front and rear mounts.
27360001.JPG

27360010.JPG

0217065-R1-028-12A.jpg

what thickness of plate are you guys using? ive built a light bar before for my friends yota, and he uses it to pull and weve bounced it off a ledge or too and its holding up, but i dont want to have stuff falling off on the trail, thanks for all your ideas too!

PM's replied to and emails sent.

FWIW, I built my brackets out of 3/16" steel. I don't have a winch myself, but have used my bumper as the anchor point to be winched from and have yet to have a problem.

Back