• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

inner sleeving axle delema

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
I'm going to sleeve my hp non disco d30 housing alot like this after market kit linked here...
http://www.rockslideengineering.com/servlet/the-9/R-dsh-SE-Inner-Axle-Housing/Detail

The question I have is with the axle seals, do I run the tube all the way down to to the inside edge of the diff housing? If I did do that then I'd need to run a different seal due to the smaller ID of the axle tube, if I leave the sleeve short to run a stock seal it's going to be a real problem getting in there to weld that end, and I don't know if I'm compromising the strength of it.of course on there site there are no measurements and I definitely don't want to call up and ask how to copy there product but I'm kinda not sure how it should be done.

Also should I drill out plug weld holes in the axle housing to ensure it stays put? Like Poly performance's JK inner sleeve kit?

Last edited:
For visual assistance here's what i mean by inner tube sleeve.

d30_0007.jpg

(the haggard piece of tube is just for a visual)

I would leave room for the stock axle seals and don't worry about welding the inner end of the tube. A few plug welds and the outer end welded will hold it in place just fine. The link you posted looks like a good pruduct, does it leave room for the stock seal?

I was thinking leaving rooms as well. And I can't tell the site has a very short description with no measurements. I can understand why it's not a hard product to make so why help someone produce it. I just happened to have the right tubbing on hand so why not right?

(edit) Actually looking at it now, they don't have a seal with there kit so I'd imagine they leave room for the OEM seal.

Back