• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ front axle swap???

Fastdemise

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for ways to make the WJ front brake upgrade possible. So I figure to get what I want with possibly the least amount of work I would just swap front axles. I already have the WJ control arms (top/bottom) so I think it should bolt up and I'm aware I am just swapping a LP30 for another LP30, but with larger brakes and steering upgrade.

I have gears for my LP30 in my 01 XJ sitting around and was wondering if the WJ lp30 was any different.

Also are there any differences I need to know about besides getting the larger brakes to work on some 15" rims, the difference in steering design, and the same lack of clearance of a LP30?

I know it's long winded, ma bad

i believe they are wider

different lug pattern too

I'm looking to switch to the old Turbine rims and will use some spacers and will have no problem converting back to 5x4.5. Also if it's a little wider I guess I would just get a smaller spacer.

wj axles are like 63/64" wide, with spacers youll be in full width range. also the wj 30's had cv shafts, a different yoke with a flange, stock draglink wont work, and i think the control arm brackets are the same but the coil buckets are different.

Back