• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

-=-= POWER DOOR LOCKS ARE FREAKING OUT -=-=-

john_yarbrough

NAXJA Forum User
2001 XJ
AUTO
PWR WINDOS AND LOCKS

MY XJ CAME TO ME WITH POWER DOOR LOCKS NOT WORKING. A FEW WEEKS AGO BATTERY DIED AND SO I CHAGED IT. DIED AGAIN AND WHEN I WENT TO GET IN IT WITH THE BATTERY CHARGE ON THE DOOR LOCKS WERE CLICKING NON STOP UNTIL I TOOK THE CHARGER OFFTHE BATTERY DIED AGAIN. I TOOK FUSE OUT, PUT IN BRAND NEW BATTERY AND LEFT IT. ANY THOUGHTS? I DONT WANT TO THROW PARTS AT IT.

I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT THE POWER LOCK KMODULE IS IN PASSENGER DOOR SOMEWHERE. NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE PROBLEM, BUT THOUGHT IT WORTH MENTIONING.

HELP!!!

I had some similar like this happen to me on my saturn. I found out that sometimes I was able to remove the key from the door lock before it was completely vertical. So it was still making an electrical connection to unlock the doors.

If you don't have stable battery voltage it can freak out. The keyless receiver is in the passenger door module (window switch assy).

I had some similar like this happen to me on my saturn. I found out that sometimes I was able to remove the key from the door lock before it was completely vertical. So it was still making an electrical connection to unlock the doors.

If it has the theft alarm it could be as suggest above a door key cylinder switch on the back side of the lock cylinder in the front doors or liftgate.

Could be anything from a stuck switch to a module issue. The wires are also notorious for breaking where they pass from the body to the doors. Time for a wiring diagram and a multimeter.

I guess it also could be from the key remote lock/unlock. It is built into the dome light. You could try unplugging that.

I have similar issues. I cant lock the doors from the drivers side. I can unlock them. When I bump the window switch the door locks move. I have replaced the DDM. When I hook up a new PDM, the locks wont operate at all. I can use my pass side old PDM, but not the new one. I unhooked the RKE and that kind of helps. That stopped the thing from locking itself, after you hit the unlock button. I also pulled the drivers side harness out of the door and checked all wires and they are good. Any advise on this? I am ready to set this jeep on fire?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Back