• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wont start and has a shifting problem

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 xj 4.0 and its not working right now.

I put hood scoops on it and it was running fine before i did that. Now that the rain hit the jeep wont start. I have no idea what i can be. it did this about a month ago in the rain and after it was sunny for a few days it started up. any thoughts?

it wont shift until red line and it wont start out in first gear until its warm. I hear all the time check the TPS but i dont know how. im no good with electrical. Is anyone out in the Novato area and want to come over and help me out?

Thanks again Joe.

i just noticed your sig and we have the same jeep. do you have a write up on how to install the drop transfer case spacers? i also got the 19# injectors and wanted to know if i can send you a pic and you let me know if i got the right ones?

Thanks again Joe.

i just noticed your sig and we have the same jeep. do you have a write up on how to install the drop transfer case spacers? i also got the 19# injectors and wanted to know if i can send you a pic and you let me know if i got the right ones?

The tc drop is easy. put a jack under the crossmember. Loosen the bolt/nut combo on one side but leave attached. Support the crossmember with the jack and remove the bolt and nut from the other side. Double-nut the stud and remove it. Install the spacer using two longer bolts, but don't tighten all the way. Do the same for the other side--done.

PM to you with email address.

Back