• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Options

Seraph

NAXJA Forum User
So I realised well after I'd purchased my XJ that I was inadvertantly limiting my upgraded steering options. Living in the US with a right hand drive jeep is fun, up until I look at decent amount of websites that all have their steering upgrades as "Left Hand Drive" only >.<. I assume there's some other RHD XJ owners out there that can probably steer me in the right direction though. Right? I tried searching, but didn't really see anything that helped, maybe I missed it. In any case, any help is much appreciated!!

Here's some eye candy, for the heck of it :)
4113944458_fd114e7333_b.jpg

4113172037_53a79a2888_b.jpg

Do you have a pic of the drag link and/or axle mounting? I was always curious to see what Jeep did to RHD Jeeps to address the diff clearance since the track bar should be running the opposite way.

Can't help you really, but I'm curious, did they switch the transfer case shift gate right/left as well? I was riding shotgun a few weeks ago (had to be driven to the hospital for some minor patch-up) and my driver didn't know how to use the transfer case... never realized how easy it is to accidentally aim for 4L instead of 4H when shifting from the right seat. In the RHD version, do you have to push the handle to the left to get past the gate, or pull towards the drivers seat?

Back