• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proportioning valve or master cylinder?

KCsurfer420

NAXJA Forum User
I have q question, I just replaced my master cylinder as it started to get sooft on me and my brake light came on (90 xj lareado) my problem is that the light is still on and i cant blead the back what do I do? I belive it has something to do with the proportioning valve but i am still un shure of what is exzactly wrong????? I bench bled the master the right way...:hang:

When the prop valve turns the light on there is usually a problem in either the front or rear brake circuits.

Well Theres no fluid eaven wanting to come out of the rear, Ill check tomarow fro leaks in the line and ill re adjust the rear brakes but how exzactly does that swich in the valve work, because i belive that that is where my problem is coming from. I just replaced the master so i belive that the swich in the valve is some how blocking the rear line. Any way of receting this?

Well Theres no fluid eaven wanting to come out of the rear, Ill check tomarow fro leaks in the line and ill re adjust the rear brakes but how exzactly does that swich in the valve work, because i belive that that is where my problem is coming from. I just replaced the master so i belive that the swich in the valve is some how blocking the rear line. Any way of receting this?

It's possible it's stuck but they are supposed reset. It's a shuttle valve that slides one way or the other and then triggers the warning light switch. You can take it apart, maybe there is some stuff in there. You'll have take the switch out before you removed the plug and valve.

If the proportioning valve is malfunctioning, it must be replaced as it is not serviceable.

No fluid pressure to the rear would indicate bad valve or plugged lines.

If the proportioning valve is malfunctioning, it must be replaced as it is not serviceable.

While you can't repair as in get parts for them you can take them apart to clean or manually reset. Not for those not so mechanically inclined.

Back