• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to keep or to get rid of xj

jboncher01

NAXJA Forum User
I bought her for 800 bucks back in july i think. 1993 4.0 six aw4 chrysler 8.25 dana 30. she runs great and the tranny shifts fine. but that is where the good ends. i got one bald tire on her tranny is somehow stuck in 4 wheel (to lazy right now to crawl under and cycle the transfer-case manualy) needs all new brakes and calipers rotors and such. pretty much needs the whole steering system replaced or tightened up. the suspension is pretty much taken a leave of absence (probably my fault for that at dana 44 out of a 79 wagoneer and tranny transfer case in the back for about 4 weeks didn't help) i have found that a 3 inch lift kit or so is the same price as replacing the suspension with stock components. i am pretty sure it needs all new motor and tranny mounts. blower motor doesn't work. the warmest the temp gets now on the gauge is around maybe 130. thinking the previous owner either took out the thermostat or its stuck open. there is major cancer on the remnants of the rocker panels and the passenger side floor board. i have to use a vise grip to open the hood and a hammer and screw driver to close it. so should i get rid of her and get an xj that is in a bit better shape or should i fix what needs fixin and take the sawzall to her and build her up.

Back