• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood Pin Install?

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to install some hood pins on my XJ. I've read this write-up. But I am still kind of confused about how the actual "stud" mounts into the "radiator support".

Also, any other tips for installing hood pins? If all goes well and i can find a black set of pins at the auto parts store i will be doing this tomorrow. If i have to order some, then hopefully by the end of the week.

Thanks guys

-Brendan

when i did mine i reused the holes the latches bolt to on the radiator supports. they sat in a perfect spot that works well. but to attach them you have you pull the whole front grill, headlights, that big fiberglass piece to get to where they bolt (the new studs). i just pulled the springs out of the latches and put em on the stud so the hood stays tight against the pin and pops up when you pull them.

Did you actually find some black hood pins, Brendan? I need to replace my BLING BLING ones with black ones! :D

Nope, Rob gave me a set of Z34 vents for holding onto Tess' Jeep parts:)D) for a while!

Back