• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mixed marriage?

srimes

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone here in one? How do y'all deal with it?

I don't mean race or religion, I'm talking politically :gee:

i just avoid the topics. i save the political arguments for my buddies, cause I can hit them when they piss me off :D

My daughter voted dem straight ticket, she's the only one in the family. I spent some time showing her that you don't have to do that, we got an asshat back in congress from that. Funny thing, the activists at her college never mentioned to her or the others that you could vote for individuals, imagine that. From now on we will be discussing the choices ahead of time, doing research on their histories and background. At that point I think we may end up with a family sized voting block. None of us are committed Republicans or Democrats, the choices between them both suck big time.
We had a local election that may be setting the tone in future elections. I think it was hilarious the way the tables turned on the group voted out.
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100106/NEWS/1060335

Picture both houses in microcosm... :D :D :D

Out of my exes, one was completely democrat (it wasn't meant to be), one independent (she was pretty cool) and hell I don't even know what my last was, we never really discussed it. She liked guns, alcohol, and Jeeps though, so she couldn't have been all bad...

here's hoping whoever I end up with eventually isn't a polar opposite politically. Luckily, my political views generally at least partially coincide with one or the other major party, whether or not the politicians claiming to be in those parties vote accordingly is another thing entirely.

Back