• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

teraflex revolver shackles on a xj

worst thing ever created.... dont waste your money. lets just say they are about as chitty as a set of thornbirds....

ha, I laugh at all the bad posts about the Revolver Shackles, especially since 99% of the people who post that have never run them.

I bought a used set f these about 9 months ago and love them! I was a little worried before I got them because of all those negative posts, but it was a great deal I couldn't pass up so I bought them. No regrets at all. They have increased the flex in the rear tremedously! I run a 3-link long arm setup in front limited so that the coils come about 2" unseated (6" lift) and the rear flex almost matches that of the front.

I have only good things to say about them and have not experience any of the negative effects other people claim. Would I spend the $275 for them new...prob. not. If you can find a used set for a decent price, absolutely buy them. After running these, I don't think I could go back to regular shackles.

I'm sure some people have reason to not like them, but I have plenty of reason to really like them. So, that's my .02.

ha, I laugh at all the bad posts about the Revolver Shackles, especially since 99% of the people who post that have never run them.

I bought a used set f these about 9 months ago and love them! I was a little worried before I got them because of all those negative posts, but it was a great deal I couldn't pass up so I bought them. No regrets at all. They have increased the flex in the rear tremedously! I run a 3-link long arm setup in front limited so that the coils come about 2" unseated (6" lift) and the rear flex almost matches that of the front.

I have only good things to say about them and have not experience any of the negative effects other people claim. Would I spend the $275 for them new...prob. not. If you can find a used set for a decent price, absolutely buy them. After running these, I don't think I could go back to regular shackles.

I'm sure some people have reason to not like them, but I have plenty of reason to really like them. So, that's my .02.

I am glad to hear that... with the amount they cost, it is good to know that some really like them. I was really interested at one point, but so many of my friends took them off that I changed my mind.

any rocks or steep hills in florida?

i have seen them in action around here and they cause problems

i was gonna ask the same thing, and i will never run revolvers even if you payed me, ive been in a rig with then and the way they unladed going downhill and in off camber stuff is down right scary we almost went on the roff several times, it was the first and last run with the revolvers

Florida?

Yeah, no shit, they suck actually climbing obstacles and are murder/stupid bad on waterfall type climbs. If you don't ever need to climb anything and just want stupid flex, yeah they're great.

I watched a rear revolver "come alive" on a yoda climbing a waterfall. Some serious rapid action movement.

i ran em. needless to say i have regular extended shackles on now. like its been said, if youre playing in the rocks they do some wild things thatll leave you pickin out seat cushion for a week. looks great on an RTI ramp but suck in the real stuff.

I have to agree with Jeepster 259, 100%. I have owned a set for about 3 or 4 years now. I have been to Moab twice and the divide ride and other places with them and they work great. The idea of problems with waterfall drops etc doesn,t hold water. If you get a set you won't regret it. More flex = wheels on the ground, period. Maybe the question should have specified only people with first hand experience and a clue reply.

Maybe the question should have specified only people with first hand experience and a clue reply.

I watched a rear revolver "come alive" on a yoda climbing a waterfall. Some serious rapid action movement.

Florida?

Yeah, no shit, they suck actually climbing obstacles and are murder/stupid bad on waterfall type climbs. If you don't ever need to climb anything and just want stupid flex, yeah they're great.

i was gonna ask the same thing, and i will never run revolvers even if you payed me, ive been in a rig with then and the way they unladed going downhill and in off camber stuff is down right scary we almost went on the roff several times, it was the first and last run with the revolvers

i have seen them in action around here and they cause problems

worst thing ever created.... dont waste your money. lets just say they are about as chitty as a set of thornbirds....
try again, mr 45.

I have to agree with Jeepster 259, 100%. I have owned a set for about 3 or 4 years now. I have been to Moab twice and the divide ride and other places with them and they work great. The idea of problems with waterfall drops etc doesn,t hold water. If you get a set you won't regret it. More flex = wheels on the ground, period. Maybe the question should have specified only people with first hand experience and a clue reply.

Dude, if you like them, then you like them......just say so. You must have missed all the posts where the guys said they had already run them and took them off because they didn't like them, or had seen them and they didn't work. I've never run them, but I've watched plenty of them on the trail and seen exactly how they work. Many times you can see what works and doesn't work better by watching than by driving. I've also run super flexy rear springs with open spring clamps which end up (not) working very similar to revolver shackles. Just like the others took their revolvers off I put my spring clamp bolts back in.

It's possible that you just don't know what you're missing, or you don't expect much on waterfall type climbs (which isn't Moab slickrock, btw, unless you've done Dump Bump).

Back