• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical Issues

FallibleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've been having a few issues lately.

My electric door locks:
- Okay, for the past year my clicker has been kind of out of whack (I have two and both do the same thing). They don't like to unlock, but if you hit lock then unlock they will unlock, go figure. This past week they started getting worse. Now the controls on the doors are starting to fail somewhere. Both passenger and driver's door act the same. Trying to unlock the doors will do nothing, however trying to lock them will make noise but nothing happens (on any door). I finally got sick and tired of it, so today I opened up the kick panel where the fuse box and wiring is on the passenger side. Wiggled a lot of wires and checked a bunch of fuses. Nothing looked amiss. But THEN I found this amazing connector. When wiggled the door locks go CRAZY, unlocking and relocking many times a second. I unplugged it to try reseating it and the jeep shut off (might be a clue as to which connector I'm referring to.) Anyways, when I put it all back together the door locks worked, yay! However, when i started up the jeep again...they dont work! Turn it off, they work! Repeated this many times. Any ideas?

- The power for the cigarette lighter and 12V plug also loose power periodically. A good smack to the same fuse box fixes it.

- My windshield sprayers seem to be fubared. I thought maybe they were just frozen. So I put in some of that deicer windshield washer fluid a couple days ago, but no improvement. They worked a couple weeks ago, when they pleased. I have not yet verified that the pumps are working or not (you can't hear it from inside the vehicle, so I'm tempted to say not.) Is there a fuse somewhere I can check? I looked through my owners manual and there wasn't anything in there about it. My FSM walked away from me so I can't check in it. I did hit a tree in that corner a couple months ago and smashed it all pretty good, BUT it was working after. The lines for the fluid going out of the pumps are all pliable so Im tempted to say its not frozen.

97' Jeep Cherokee Sport
Any help is appreciated.

Back