• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK coils in an XJ

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
There are maybe two threads that go into any details, and they mostly stop at speculation. Has anybody actually done this? I'm trying to find a decent front coil for my jeep, the 4.5" coils I have right now are broken and i can't find a 4.5-5.5 coil(in stock) that isn't an RE coil. Jks have a good aftermarket and a slightly heavier, so my thought is that a JK coil will ride a little higher on an XJ.

iirc when I had my JK, I remember reading people used stock XJ coils to get a 1 1/2" lift...so I don't think a stock JK coil would lift at all. Sorry I don't have personal experience, but I did talk to a guy that had used them for a small boost.

their stock shocks, on the other hand, as explained by a few on here can be used on a lifted XJ.

Have you talked to Dirk at DPG? He used to sell (think he still does) a 5" coil that was supposed to be pretty good. Other than that, I can't help ya. Maybe Rock Krawler or BDS? RC ought to have something as well.

JK coils are very, very short. I have 3.5" RE JK coils in the garage (gift for my dad.. jk owner) and they aren't much longer than stock XJ coils.

Rusty's has some 4.5'' coils in the clearance section for 100 bucks. Just a thought.

Even with their shipping rates they'd be cheaper than buying any where else.(new)

I'm working on getting ahold of DPG, they were closed when I called. I don't want rusty's coils they are all 150lb spring rate so they are a little softer than I want. I'm not sure of RC I need to see what they have.

rusty's sells 180 lb springs now, too.... i know whatcha mean by not wantin the 150 lb ones. i put a bumper and winch on my jeep with the 3" coils, and they squatted back down to stock height after a month or 2....

I didnt catch why you would use the RE coils?

I'm not a fan of the ride quality, I've been in rigs that have them. O got spoiled by my first OME lift, @ about 3.5" I had better than stock ride. I liked it now I'm trying to find parts to replicate that.

I'm working on getting ahold of DPG, they were closed when I called. I don't want rusty's coils they are all 150lb spring rate so they are a little softer than I want. I'm not sure of RC I need to see what they have.

RC has 4.5" springs that are 10 lbs more than stock so they are probably 160-165 spring rate, which is a pretty good spring rate for our cherokees. I run Rusty's 180 lb 3" coil springs and they are a bit stiff but they don't sag with a winch and skid plates.

Back