• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5'' coil questions

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
I've just boosted a RC 4.5 lift to 6.5''. Time being I have 2''spacers in the coils. What kind of experiences has anyone had with the different companys. As of right now I'm looking at RC, Rustys and Iron rock. I cant find spring rates on these, would like to hear if anyone ran any of these and had issues(sagging or to stiff ect)

I tried searching but couldn't find the specific info I was looking for. Thanks for any help

Robert

I run the 6.5 RC lift..I got a bad set of springs, cause it rides to dam soft for me..They well tell you the RC lift is to rough..Mine springs are 2 years old an i have lost 1/2" on the front..I wouldn't buy any other lift than a ROUGH COUNTRY..My wifes has the 4.5 on hers..Mine flexs real nice too, front and rear..
008.jpg

Well if you are willing to expand the search, I have BDS 3" (actually 3.5").

I have run it for years, springs are quite stiff. I still remember installing the lift and measuring 3.5". My buddy said "it will settle to 3"... I was just talking to him the other day and he said he is dumbfounded.. it didnt settle at all. Now coming up on 2-3 years later it's still going strong.

Yah my RC4.5 coils have been fine too. The 6.5 coils have a different spring rate and I want to see whos arnt holding up. I mean Grimmus from RC said they are working on a new spring rate for the 6.5 coils but I cant remember what the reasoning was for.

I've ran BDS on my 78 Bronco and had no issues and love the warrenty. In all honesty Iron Rock offers a lifetime warrenty on there coils too but I want to buy 1 set and not have to worrie about them down the road. For the time it is a double duty rig, DD durring the week and trail rig on the weekend. So ride quality is still a consideration.

I want a 78 bronco... so badass. I want a 78 bronco with BDS lift even more. Sell it to me cheap :D

I think they are going to go stiffer with them..I run without sway bars, mine leans over way to far..Don't get me wrong i love the ride off road but it is to soft for the street..I want to buy the long arms they (rough country) just put out, then i can move my lift to the wifes jeep..I also like the iron rock set up, havent heard bad yet from the owners...

i have the 4.5" RE front coils and i personally wouldnt go bigger than that, but im not into hardcore rock crawling either so thats where we may differ, what size wheels are you going to run on the 6.5" lift?

I have my Rusty's 6.5 coils for sale right now:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1016211

They are stiffer than stock by a lot. Here's a shot of the new 6.5 coils compared to my old 4.5:

n24800499_33134929_2133.jpg

They're the same length, so obviously the 6.5's are a bunch stiffer.

Assuming though that at 6.5" lift you're going to have significantly more aftermarket stuff on your truck, they work really well. I was much happier with the 6.5's than I was with 4.5's and coil spacers. The 4.5's were good when I bought them but I outgrew them after going a lot bigger on the build (1-tons etc). I've had Rusty's 3", 4.5", and 6.5" springs at this point and I'd certainly recommend them.

i have the 4.5" RE front coils and i personally wouldnt go bigger than that, but im not into hardcore rock crawling either so thats where we may differ, what size wheels are you going to run on the 6.5" lift?

I'm planning on sticking with the 33's. (thats the plan for now at least) I'm oldschool on my jeep, I like a little wheel well to tuck into. With the 4.5 I ran 31's and thought the tire wheel well combo was perfect.
DSC01574.jpg

I also was running 10'' rims(I know to wide). Currently I am running 10'' wide soft 8's with the 33'' Truxas MT's. The 31's in the pic actually flexed up to far and damaged the fenders before I got it bumped properly.

I have my Rusty's 6.5 coils for sale right now:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1016211

They are stiffer than stock by a lot. Here's a shot of the new 6.5 coils compared to my old 4.5:

n24800499_33134929_2133.jpg

They're the same length, so obviously the 6.5's are a bunch stiffer.

Assuming though that at 6.5" lift you're going to have significantly more aftermarket stuff on your truck, they work really well. I was much happier with the 6.5's than I was with 4.5's and coil spacers. The 4.5's were good when I bought them but I outgrew them after going a lot bigger on the build (1-tons etc). I've had Rusty's 3", 4.5", and 6.5" springs at this point and I'd certainly recommend them.

I may pm you about these, A friend of mine(Ashylarry on here) is running the same springs on his. As soon as I get done regearing his jeep I'll take it for a ride to see how they feel

I'm planning on sticking with the 33's. (thats the plan for now at least) I'm oldschool on my jeep, I like a little wheel well to tuck into. With the 4.5 I ran 31's and thought the tire wheel well combo was perfect.
DSC01574.jpg

I also was running 10'' rims(I know to wide). Currently I am running 10'' wide soft 8's with the 33'' Truxas MT's. The 31's in the pic actually flexed up to far and damaged the fenders before I got it bumped properly.

i am running 33's on my 4.5 lift and so far so good, i almost ran 31's but peer pressure pushed me to 33's lol i actually ran 235's for a few months on my 4.5" lift talk about up travel with limited ground clearance :)

I have 6.5 in RK springs. They are really soft. I like it. I have 33s on mine. I also have 2 in spacers because i have a heavy bumper and winch. also the springs were sagging a bit. only pic i have that shows the entire jeep is this one

DSCF4684.jpg

DSCF4030.jpg

And no my axle isnt bent the tires actually sit a little \---/ because the person i got my front axle from warped the Cs a little when he trussed it :/

Back