• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poly-Performance 4 link users?

ncgamedog

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running this? Looks like this would beat the snot out of the typical LA's. The LA's I have seen unload something terrible. I would like to do this on my MJ and SOA in the rear. I only want to net 4-4.5" lift (to keep it low). I will proabably try explorer rear springs using my 2wd main leaf in the rear for less lift. If I have to I might consider spring sliders to keep the rear around 4".
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Poly-Performance-Jeep-XJ-Front-Long-Arm-Kit-p-20915.html

I'd like to see some installed pics if anyone has some, or likes/dislikes

thanks -J

Its not that radius arms give have too much flex. They naturally have less due to the binding they cause compared to a 4 or 3 link. The problem is because the castor changes and there for wants to rotate the axle down and back. This makes the front end light on hill climbs. A 3 or four link keeps castor the same or relatively the same so the front will not have the same affect as if running a radius arm. That poly kit looks nice. The only problems i see are the brackets hanging a little low for a rock rig and I would run a couple bolts through the "frame" on those brackets instead of just the ones that go through the floor.

the RK kit I saw on their site tonight was over $2k ?? The brackets they provide looked cheesy to me compared to the poly ones that act as frame stiffeners too. If I was to install this there is no way I would ever depend on bolts of any kind it would be welded for sure. The RK kit's description mentions the 4 link for high speed and the 3 link for crawling..why would that be? The only thing that looks suspect to me on the poly kit are those adjustment sleeves. I know it may be more convenient to adjust but you really should only have to do it once.

Back