• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 tranny need help!!!!! ASAP

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
i want to get a aw4 tranny form a 91 would this fit into a 2000 cherokee sport with a 10 bolt rear end 4.0 liter motor auto trans. and would the sinsors work from my jeep to that 91 tranny?

I think you might want one from a 97 or later or something, look up info on the number of pulses per revolution for the input shaft speed sensor and output shaft speed sensor. A 91 will physically fit though, as far as I know.

10 bolt rear end?

Spline count changed from 21 to 23 somewhere around 92 I believe....so you'd need the TC from the 91 as well - but that's when you need to look at the difference in the speed sensor....

I believe there is no difference... I know the spline count is the same... I have a 91 and it is 23 spline. I checked car-part.com and the trannies listed for your car were all 98 or newer. It could be some difference having to do with OBDII... by the way I think you posted in the wrong forum... this is a question for the OEM forum, not modified. I'm sure a moderator can move it so you get more responses.

Last edited:
spline count changed from 21 to 23 in mid 90 as I recall.

Back