• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mickey Thompson sidebiters

Jeepcrush4

NAXJA Forum User
This weekend I'll be throwing in my 4.5 lift and figured I'd get the wheel and tire combo too. I really like the Mickey Thompson sidebiters. What's the maximum Tire width that I could go considering I'll be using 15x8 wheels. I was hoping to go to 32" tall tires if possible. Maybe 32x10.5? Lastly, how do you guys correct the speedometer reading with the tire change?

Search for "speedo gear" for how to correct the speedo/odo reading - you'll probably also want to regear if you want to be able to accelerate and want your gas mileage back. As for tires, I'm running 32x11.5s on 3.5" of lift, though I really need to trim my fenders and they rub on my LCAs when I turn (more backspacing and more trimming will fix this)

I have The Claw 33"x12.5" with the MT Side Biter Rim 15x8 with 3.3" BS and fits like a charm.

The claw is a little rough when going below 20 MPH you really feel the lugs. I have heard that the D!ckCreak Crushers are about the same if not a little better then the MT Claw

I have The Claw 33"x12.5" with the MT Side Biter Rim 15x8 with 3.3" BS and fits like a charm.

The claw is a little rough when going below 20 MPH you really feel the lugs. I have heard that the D!ckCreak Crushers are about the same if not a little better then the MT Claw

Have any pics? Are 12.5 tires really suitable for 8" wheels?

Jeep_00118.jpg

Jeep_0064.jpg

Many people run the 12.5 on the 8 inch because it is less likely to pop a bead when you have air'd down for crawling.

Ive got a 4.5" lift with 32x11.50 BFG AT's on a 8" rim and the work great. I air mine down to 15psi and never popped a bead or had any problems

The Tires are MT Baja Claws 33" x 12.5" R15 mounted on the MT Side Biter Rims 15x8 with 3.31" BS.

I enjoy them quite a bit. I got stuck up to the bottom of the doors one time in a thick mud/clay watering hole per-say. I went full speed through the middle of this pond, and stopped dead in the middle. the jeep would not budge either direction when i hit the gas. I waited a few min, put it in drive and just lightly pushed on the gas just a few 100 rpms above idle and it pulled it self out with out any assistance.

The only complaint i have on the tires is since it has such an agressive tread pattern without offset lugs it vibrates the Jeep quite a bit when moving along at 20 MPH or below (using stock control arms with poly bushings might be a cause for more vibration then normally). I am looking at the D!ckCreak Crusher tires I have heard from other people that have ran both that the crusher is just a hair better.

I wouldn't say stronger... I would replace the ball/joints and Tie Rod ends and make sure the knuckles are in good condition.

I have heard of a few people running 14.5" wide tires on a "stock" steering system, usually it will just be harder on the components so they will need to be serviced more often.

Question. I want to go with 32x11.5 tires. I'm set on a set of sidebiters(15x8) but with a 3-5/16 backspacing. The bolt pattern is 5x4.5.

This is all going on a 4.5 lift. Is the backspacing fine?

Back