• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got the jeep running, now it wont even idle!

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
bought a 93' xj 4.0L 4x4 aw4 for a few hundred bucks. needed a new distributor so i put one in, faught with lining it up over and over until it was starting and idling great. so i take it for a little drive, put my foot in it once and it bogs down and dies. but before this it was scootin around great. so now i can start it but to keep it running i have to constantly jab the gas pedal otherwise itll die. what the hell could cause this?

i confirmed it was correct by finding top dead center at #1. put the distributor in a click back so the rotor would turn/fall into the right #1 place. then it ran great i drove it around and now this. it will not hold an idle or even run without full throttle and it still tacks out then dies when starting.

i confirmed it was correct by finding top dead center at #1. put the distributor in a click back so the rotor would turn/fall into the right #1 place. then it ran great i drove it around and now this. it will not hold an idle or even run without full throttle and it still tacks out then dies when starting.

make sure the dizzy hold down bolt is tight. dizzy could have twisted.

Check the battery voltage, static and with the engine running.

Check the fuel pressure.

Back