• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Karnage Bumpers

I do not have this bumper. I do not like how the mount is only to the 3 bolts. Most winch bumpers I have seen tie more into the frame. That system only ties into the front bupmer mounts. Yes it is reinforced but it is only tired into 3 bolts per side. I don't know if you ahve had an XJ bummper off but those are some small bolts.

I just looked Ghost, it includes a tie in for 6 bolts.

!BdLuZ2!!mk~$(KGrHqQOKkQEq5D!RGURBK3yp5cFdQ~~_35.JPG

That said, I'm sketched out by it myself. :/

I just looked Ghost, it includes a tie in for 6 bolts.

!BdLuZ2!!mk~$(KGrHqQOKkQEq5D!RGURBK3yp5cFdQ~~_35.JPG

That said, I'm sketched out by it myself. :/

Ok 6 bots. 3 per side. The only 3 err 6 that hold the factory bumper on and you know as well as I do how weak those are. :looney:

You'll notice the forward 3 there are the factory bumper bolts.

The rear 3 are the steering box bolts. They have a similar plate for the other side.

think it looks pretty good for the cost. I think I am going to get one after the first of the year. I'll post on how it is.

You'll notice the forward 3 there are the factory bumper bolts.

The rear 3 are the steering box bolts. They have a similar plate for the other side.

Yes, but it in not one plate. So you have sheering on the three bolts per side instead of 6 or 7. That is what I was refering to.

i like logans mounts better, but the karnage is all 3/16" plate where the logans is mostly 1/8" plate (other than the winch tray area).
i have logans bumpers on my xj

my bumber only has the three bolts per side like factory, and i've winched from it, been yanked out by the clevis points, yanked other people out, the whole nine, and never had a problem. i did, however mount it with bigger grade 8 bolts than what jeep used, with big nuts and washers instead of those wimpy nutzert clip dealies. never a problem with 6 bolts, no matter what i did. heck i even knocked over trees with it. never a problem. now it's on another jeep, mounted the same way, i don't don't expect any problems with it....

Yes, but it in not one plate. So you have sheering on the three bolts per side instead of 6 or 7. That is what I was refering to.

You do realize that a winch is only held on by four 3/8"(or 5/16") grade 5 bolts, right?

Hey i ordered their front (brushgaurd) and rear bumpers for mine just last week- Ill let you know how they are when i go home on leave and put them on (XMAS)

If any one has any questions about these bumpers let me know. I will do my best to answer the question about the number of bolts that hold the bumper on there is another tie in bracket that is not shown in the pics above i will do my best to get pics of the complete set up. I am one of the reps for Karnage Offroad.

my bumber only has the three bolts per side like factory, and i've winched from it, been yanked out by the clevis points, yanked other people out, the whole nine, and never had a problem. i did, however mount it with bigger grade 8 bolts than what jeep used, with big nuts and washers instead of those wimpy nutzert clip dealies. never a problem with 6 bolts, no matter what i did. heck i even knocked over trees with it. never a problem. now it's on another jeep, mounted the same way, i don't don't expect any problems with it....

You do realize that a winch is only held on by four 3/8"(or 5/16") grade 5 bolts, right?

Give it up Folks!! There are people on here that believe the only way to go is over-engineered to Military M1 Abrams Tanks spec for a 4Klb Uni-body station wagon. If a lot of folks on here designed a 4WD it would have a 1200HP diesel, 1/2 plated body and tip the scales at 20 tons.

I have the Karnage Offroad bumpers front and rear. No complaints! But I've never had to winch my rig 1000 feet up the side of a sheer vertical cliff neither and have no plans too!!! LOL I think their great for the price.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=109519715&albumID=2297290&imageID=39227871
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=109519715&albumID=2297290&imageID=39227882
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=109519715&albumID=2297290&imageID=39227855

the more bolts is not so much for bolt strength as it is to spread the load over the thin unibody isnt it?

who the XXXX monts their winch with grade 5 bolts? I have never seen one mounted with less than 1/2" G8s

and its not the 3 bolts that worry me. its the rather thin sheet metal of the front of the unibody that they mount to.

oops. how the eff did i not notice that?? haha

Back